Sunday, January 3, 2016

New Year, New Styles: Denim Leggings


Hey Guys, 

First post of the new year!

A lot has been happening to this little blog and with the new year just begun, I think it's appropriate to turn a new page and try new styles. 

I've been getting some DM's regarding tricky styles and how to work them. Here's a post on one of those trends I had to try for myself: denim with a skirt.

I started by assessing the colour of my denim leggings and figuring out how to pair them best with the basics already in my closet. Leggings available here: (http://www.hue.com/denim-leggings/hue-original-denim-leggings-denim-washes.htm)

My leggings are a blue-grey colour so I opted for a heathered grey skirt and coordinating tasseled scarf. To tie the look together and make it a tad less boring, I layered a navy galaxy print blouse under an olive green sweater. 
Lastly, I added my super comfy new leather moccasins in the same hue. (Available at Joe Fresh for only $11!) The trick is to keep the tones in the same colour family until you're ready to be a bit more daring. 

Here are some quick shots of the look. 

Enjoy,

-Jöelle 
The Full Look

Details 

View from the front

View from the back

1 comment:

  1. Yeah I agree denim leggings are really popular these days. My friend had bought few pairs of buttoned denim leggings last week, but I was out of budget so I bought cheap compression leggings only. Well, I found these leggings quite comfortable.

    ReplyDelete

That 70's Vibe

That 70's Vibe by joelleramey featuring round sunglasses