Sunday, May 15, 2016

A Minimal Closet: Spring Picks and Haul


Hey Guys,

Here's a quick post on today's spring haul and some of my must-haves for the season. If you are interested in some of my picks for a spring capsule wardrobe, check the post below this one.

I stocked up on some minimalist essentials at Forever 21 today and I must say, the quality and selection makes the current spring collections one of their best ever!

On my list:

A cropped Blouse: As seen in the photo, this is a classic cropped blouse with a small but sharp down-turned collar. I love how it can be dressed up or down and adds a bit of polish to an outfit. (Also, you all know that I love a good button down.)

A striped tie-front blouse:  This blouse is an awesome silky material and doesn't need to be layered to avoid the dreaded see-through bra-look. The tie front is well-cut and the stripes make it really easy to pair it with a striped pencil skirt or distressed denim for a more casual look.
An outfit idea featuring a micro bag (trend alert)

Midi Dresses: I picked up two midi dresses today and they are both perfect for spring. They are folded in the picture above but I got the "I'm addicted to Black" midi and a black and white striped midi. Also, shout out to my fellow tall ladies (I'm 5'9 ;) ) these actually hit right below the knee on me.

Minimally Pattered Skirts: Yes, I know the blog is called The Little Black Pencil Skirt, but come springtime I do break out other super breezy skirts like the two in the photo above. The grid patterned skirt is midi with small buttons down the front and POCKETS! It's really light weight and flows over any body type quite nicely.  The second skirt is a classic black and white striped midi skirt; great for mixing prints or adding a bit of interest.

Accessories: I'm IN LOVE with this super cute chambray bow-headband. It's super cute and keeps your hair out of your face. Forever 21 also had a great selection of chic sunglasses and Coachella-worthy chokers.

From the left: Marc Fisher, Sperry, Joie, Marc by Marc Jacobs
Shoes: After the car accident, my feet have been pretty messed up and it's really hard to find supporting, comfortable footwear that doesn't kill my spine or look terribly orthopaedic. Here are some I found today and they are all exceptional.
From the left: the Marc Fisher strappy sandals are cushioned and the leather is a really nice shade of gold-silver. The Sperry sneakers are perforated suede and bonus, they come in white if you want to go for the white sneaker trend. The slides are Joie, and are the perfect lightweight walking shoe (the white is perfect for adding a bit of crispness). Lastly, my favourite shoe: the Marc Jacobs dog loafer <3 I have literally wanted these shoes for years. I finally found them on clearance (they had been mis-sized) and I had to take them home. The sole is quilted and very supportive and more to the point, they are just adorable!

It's still pretty early in the season so a lot more can pop up, but to end off a lot of you requested a list of trends to watch and here they are:
-Big round sunglasses
- Flat mules
- Button down shirts (oversize, striped, poplin, blue, cropped...)
- Romantic, Victorian influenced styles (roses, ruffles, pleats, high collars, lace...)
- White sneakers, runners, atheleisure
- Pyjama aesthetics
- Netting and mesh
- Micro Bags
- Metallics
- Fringe
- Denim (skirts, jackets, footwear...)
- Minimalism ( just check out the current May edition of Vogue for inspo.)

That's all for now,

Joelle








1 comment:

Yom Tov / High Holidays Style - Dresses

Yom Tov Chag Style - Dresses by joelleramey featuring calvin klein dresses Hey guys, Here's the heavily requested Yom To...