Monday, June 27, 2016

Sephora Mini Haul: Currently Loving

Hey Guys,


It's been a while since my last post so I thought I'd do one on something a lot of people have DM'd about: my makeup.
For the purposes of this post, I'll focus on some of my new faves from Sephora.


Concealer: I've tried loads of concealer products but the Born This Way liquid concealer by Too Faced is by far one of the best. It's velvety and the wand is perfect for touching up small spots.
It's perfectly compact, won't get dry and flaky and comes in about 20 different shades. It's about $32 CDN but is well worth it. If you couldn't get your hands on it at the launch at Sephora this past week, never fear, it's back to stay around July or so.

Lip Gloss: My all time favourite plumping lip gloss was the Too Faced Lip Injection gloss that came out a couple years ago, so needless to say I've been on the hunt for something comparable for a while. Naturally, I tried Too Faced's new version of the classic, Lip Injection Extreme. The new product works really well, but not as well as the original. It's still a great go to if you get really chapped lips like I do or for use over lipsticks and glosses. Retails for about $40 CDN.

My other favourite go-to lip product is Too Cool For School's Dinoplatz lip balm. The brand is a really great Korean beauty staple and the packaging is adorable. (See the mascara in a skyscraper-shaped box.) The shades are incredibly pigmented and hydrating and in addition to the colour bonus, they smell absolutely AMAZING! my current favourite is the orange jelly tinted shade, Rabbit Food. It has the most amazing smell and the little tins are great to just toss in your bag and go.

Primer: One of the best primers I've tried lately is the Too Faced Hangover Replenishing Face Primer. It's pretty cloying so you only need a little bit, but it gets the job done. It's working pretty well for me, but a lot of bloggers have said it can cause some nasty breakouts so beware and spot test in an inconspicuous area. Retails for $40 CDN

Last but not least, my new favourite palette, Smashbox's Master Class Palette: Lighting Theory. The binder-like layout, how-to cards and all-in-one style make this the best all in one palette you can ask for. The eyeshadows included are all award winning and SUPER pigmented. The lefthand side has the amazing and super blendable highlight, bronze and contour pots as well as the colour correcting basics and how-to's for coverage. Blushers and highlights are included and will have you mastering that glow in no time. I've been having a lot of fun playing along with looks and this is one of the most versatile and worthwhile palettes I've seen in a while. Retails for $80 CDN

That's all for now guys, all the products listed above can be found at Sephora online or in store.



Joelle


No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn Looks - Chunky Sweater and Distressed Denim

Autumn Looks - Chunky Sweater and Distressed Denim by joelleramey featuring uniqlo tops