Hey Guys, here's the requested minimal summer wardrobe capsule. These are the absolute basics for effortless summer dressing with chic:
First up, shirts:
- Plaid: is great for layering on cool summer evenings and for adding a bit of edge, bonus if it has a long hem. Later in the day, it looks great tied around the waist or to your bag.
- Blouses: basic white, blue and demin button downs are a lightweight summer essential. To keep things interesting look for one with ruffle, stripes or lace detailing.
- Stripes: a striped top is an eternal classic and adds a bit of French chic and a nautical vibe. Opt for blouses and tees in varying styles and hem lengths.
- Graphic Tees: another summer staple is the graphic tee, a casual-cool essential. Go for something you like (like the Starwars one above). If you are going for a band tee, try to pick one with a band you actually listen to. It's not summer if you don't pass at least 5 girls in the street wearing Guns and Roses or ACDC tees.
- Solid Colour Tees: white, grey, maroon or navy, a solid colour tee is a great outfit starter piece. Find colours that suit your skin tone and build your collection from there.
- Sweatshirt: (in terry, not fleece of course) is a great summer evening or early morning layer. It also looks quite chic tied at the waist.
- Black midi dress: also known as glorified pyjamas, a black dress is an essential to throw on and go and still look put together.
- Shirt Dress: If your can find one suited to your height, the shirt dress is a perfect lightweight summer outfit. For the rest of us tall ladies, the shirt-tunic will have to do.
- Black Pencil Skirt: my absolute most essential basic and I have loads of them. It goes with everything, is super comfy and can be dressed up or down. My current favourite is the double lined HM tee-shirt-feel skirt and it comes in grey as well. Linked Here
- Denim Skirt: another summer classic, bonus if it's distressed or fringed. The same goes for denim jackets and shirts.
- Neutrals rule for summer and (everyday really) so white, tan, navy, creme and black are the most basic bags to rely on. A metallic is always great, as is a classic bag like the Louis Vuitton above.
- Sandals: as seen above, slides, lace ups and gladiators in metallics and neutrals are easiest for a simple look.
- Chokers: a black round the neck style or a metal cuff style works well to add a bit of polish.
- Bracelets: though not shown, beaded and braided bracelets are great for adding a carefree summer vibe.
- Sunglasses: a large round style works well on every face shape and a wayfarer or aviator style is great for mixing things up.
- Baseball Caps: though not pictured, a baseball cap can make a basic outfit. Rep your city or team (Toronto!, Blue Jays, Raptors) or pick a classic one (I love my Yankees & Dodgers caps respectively)
Thats all for now guys, have a lovely week!