Tuesday, August 30, 2016

F/W Capsule Wardrobe and Wish List

F/W Capsule Wardrobe and Wish List




Fall Dreaming




Hey Guys, for all who asked here are my fall / winter must haves:

I'm not sure if it's just me but I'm having major season fatigue. I've loved the hot weather while it's lasted (a little too hot this year for my taste) but I'm dreaming of the cooler weather to come. Cozy knits, cute closed toe shoes, cashmere, tights and layering all make me look forward to the fall-winter season, so naturally I have a few wish list items lined up.

Tees, Tops and Blouses:  I love a good versatile tee shirt for fall. Stripes, solid colours, sweatshirts in terrycloth and fleece, chiffon, gingham and plaids (LOADS of plaids). These are my go to basics for layering for warmth and style. I'm on the lookout for longer hems, crop tops and anything with a split up the side (think long HM duster cardigans). Tops with side splits are great for fall and winter because you can layer them over blouses, lace and tees without the bulk. I'm also loving camo and anything distressed at the moment and a quick camo or shredded layer can add a bit of street cred to a mainly basic outfit. 

Outerwear: Though not shown, a good leather jacket and a parka are musts for braving the fall and winter seasons. An army jacket in olive and a bomber jacket (any) are perfect for adding a layer and an edge to your look.

Cardigans and Sweater-Coats: I live in cardigans and sweater coats in early fall and layer them over each other later in the season; the bigger and cozier the better. They are the best for those of us who work in offices because you can layer up for the outside temperatures and remove the layers when you get inside, where the heating is most likely blasting. I always look out for colours I know I will wear a lot and that go well with my fall colour palette. I'm on the lookout for cardigans and sweater coats in olive and forest green, shades of grey, mustard, maroon, plum, black (of course) and beige / creme. 

Accessories: I'm all about accessorizing when the weather gets colder. I'm looking out for beanies (see the camo and creme versions pictured), fur (or faux if that's your thing) pom pom hats, patches and iron ons and big sunnies. I love oversized scarves, fur vests, bag charms and pins and I might try out some coloured tights this season (grey or maroon). I'm also excited to start adding my leggings back into my wardrobe. Come fall, I'll be breaking out the leather leggings, denim leggings in different washes, sequinned joggers and more. I love layering leggings under a dress for those mornings when it's cold and you don't want to try that hard. 
Of course, a well rounded handbag collection can do a lot for fall-winter looks so I've included some wish list bags above. 

Footwear: Fall is one of my favourite seasons for shoes because I can break out the cute loafers and booties without my feet melting in the heat. I'm on the lookout for more slip on sneakers (my feet NEED comfortable shoes), metallic vans, bejewelled flats, patent loafers, ballet flats in a variety of colours and comfy block-heeled booties. UGGs: I am a huge UGG fan. They mould perfectly to my picky feet and are the only things that keep me warm in the subzero temperatures. I love the tall boots, the mid length and the shearling-lined slip ons. Let the shoe hunting begin!

Skin Care: As many of you know, I'm really into skincare. One of the problems I often have during the fall and winter seasons is dullness or dryness. To make sure I'm ready to face the seasons, I'm prepping my face mask collection and stocking up on creams, cleansers and moisturizers to offset the problems. I'm still very into Korean skincare products and masks and sleeping packs by Tony Moly and Etude House are going to be in heavy rotation.

That's all for now guys, I can't wait to see how everyone styles themselves for the upcoming season!

- Jöelle

No comments:

Post a Comment

16 Amazon Things You Need In Your Life

16 Amazon Things You Need In Your Life by joelleramey featuring a gold stapler