Wednesday, January 4, 2017

2017 For The Win

Hey everyone,

It's been a pretty hectic 2016 and it's safe to say that we're all hoping 2017 will turn out better. To kick off 2017, and as motivation to stick to my goals, here's what I want to see, do and accomplish this year.

1.) Simplify My Wardrobe: 
I'm already a minimalist, but this year I really want to streamline my wardrobe and my life. There are lots of things in my wardrobe that I like but don't really wear. I keep them because I may wear them at a later date, but honestly, if I haven't worn it in a year or two I probably won't be wearing it any time soon. This year, I'm giving away those excess pieces to make room for better ones.


2.) Get Organized:
 Fun fact, I love stationary, journals, planners, highlighters, tabs, pens and basically anything you find at Indigo and Chapters. I love Post Its and I'd like to think I'm organized but realistically I could do a bit better. This year I'm going to actually use my planner and start charting the things I want to do and achieve in 2017. That way, I have a better chance of sticking to my goals.


3.) Making The Little Black Pencil Skirt Better: 
You guys know that I've had the blog for a few years. I originally started it in 2011 as a place to keep outfit inspiration. I started the Instagram page in late 2015 and it became a bit of a hobby, something to pass the time. In 2016 the blog and Instagram in particular became personal interests of mine. It's a place where I can post things that I find aesthetically pleasing, where I can share my interests with a like minded community. I've met so many people, in person and online who have become a huge part of my life and for that, I am grateful. This endeavour has opened up a lot of possibilities I don't think I would have had if I hadn't started. 
That being said, I want to treat the blog as a professional entity in 2017. I want to continue to develop it in an aesthetic sense and really start to utilize it as other bloggers do. I want to start working with photographers to get actual shots and create worthwhile content. 
I don't think I'll ever be a Man Repeller or Chriselle Lim, but that's not what I'm going for. I want to develop my style's potential and enjoy the experiences at the same time.

If you like my coffee shots, graffiti walks and awkward insta stories, get ready, 2017 will be quite the year for you. 

4.) Work on Positivity: 
Another thing I plan to work on for 2017 is my outlook. 2016 was a rough year for me, 2015 too. The car accident really put the fragility of goals and accomplishments into perspective for me (in both a mental and physical sense) and it took a while before I was able to come to grips with that. It's been a hard couple of years, but I'm ready to branch out and experience new things. A big part of doing that is the outlook. This year, I endeavour to look on things in a more positive light. There will be challenges, but I'll rise to the occasion, hopefully with grace and understanding; the best is yet to come.


5.) Work on Gratitude:
Continuing the positivity goal is a focus on gratitude. I've always been a grateful person, but I feel that sometimes you really need to focus on something for it to be more apparent in your life. This year I plan to focus on all the good, and bad that was really good, as it comes. I've got a lot to be grateful for and manifesting that gratefulness will turn 2017 into a positive and productive year. We all have things going on in our lives, but taking the time to appreciate who and what has happened to us and will continue to happen, can do a lot of good. 

6.) Up My Makeup Skills: 
You guys have probably noticed that I wasn't really into makeup in 2015. A little blush and some lip colour, but nothing major. 2016 was my self described year of makeup self discovery. Makeup, beauty and skincare have since become some of my greatest hobbies and a great source of happiness. Beauty is a creative outlet that is constantly changing and evolving and I can't wait to see what 2017 brings. I'm hoping to work on my eyeliner skills, creating new looks and continuing my Korean beauty obsession. 


7.) Explore, Create and Experience:  
Toronto is a great city, there's lots to do and see and that's good for those who like to explore. I like to go places and see things. I like fashion, art galleries, travel, museums, beauty, graffiti hunting, coffee shops and history. I like things with personality, law, medicine, architecture, sunsets, aquariums, stimulating conversation and good books. I like watching people go by from coffee shop windows and scouring thrift stores for vintage books and cool pieces. I like oversized sweaters, evenings, illustrating, strong tea and coffee, that ocean smell and that look people get when they talk about things that mean a lot to them. There's a lot I want to do this year, but I want to focus on bettering myself, getting out more, and experiencing the things that make me and those around me happy. 


8.) Read and Illustrate More: 
This one's pretty simple. I used to read a lot and now I don't do it as often as I'd like. I'm aiming to make more time for reading this year. I also used to draw a lot; that's something I plan to pursue seriously this year for a special project I'm working on.


9.) Mood Boards and Inspiration:
I want to keep 2016's inspiration momentum going and do more mood boards and inspiration posts.  I think it's important to isolate what inspires us and promote it for others to see. 


That's all for now guys. Here's to a 2017 full of life, blessings, luck, beauty, health, success and lots of sparkle. Until next time,



Joelle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Modest Gym Style

Modest Gym Style by joelleramey featuring a modest outfit