Here's a quick look at some things I'm crushing on and inspired by for spring / summer 2017:
First off, I'm obsessed with the sparkle (as always):- Metallic gold Vans, a gorgeous Mark Cross bag (I'll take them all), the Urban Decay Naked 2 palette (A personal favourite), rose gold nail polish, chokers with chain detail and a super cute Alexander Wang chain bucket bag (currently hard core wish listing). I'm all about the sparkle; it's the perfect way to liven up a minimal wardrobe.
Clothes:- Not much has changed with regard to my summer style preferences. I love a good white shirtdress and a blue poplin blouse to dress up or down. (Side note: if anyone finds a knee length shirtdress for us 5'9 and up girls, PLEASE let me know <3)
- A camo tee is a great layering piece and adds a dose of cool girl edge to any look (think metallic slides, iced coffee, open denim shirt and oversized sunnies).
- I love a good white or grey tee for those super hot days and a classic distressed denim jacket looks great tied at the waist or thrown casually over your shoulder.
Shoes:- My personal favourite part of an outfit, I'm crushing on satin and velvet slides for summer and sleek sneakers for spring.
- I'm loving Rihanna's Fenty Puma collection and those off white, pale pink and olive green slides have definitely been wish listed.
- Gladiator style lace ups in browns or tans are great for feeling like you're not wearing shoes when it gets to be scorching. They also lengthen the look of your legs (no problems there.)
- Michael Kors's current collection has adorable (and Joelle-approved comfy) sneakers in a variety of styles. Snatch them up while they're still on sale ;)
- I'm still very into slides (sensitive feet problems, ya feel me) and the pearl decorated ones from Zara and the gold ones shown above are perfect for any outfit.
Bags and Accessories:
- I still only wear circle sunglasses for the most part, and this season will be no exception. I'll be wearing these in heavy rotation once the sun decides to come out. If they come in metallics, I'll be even more excited.
- On a super basic note, I found this Ramen-printed baseball cap from Forever 21 that practically has my name on it (any other foodie followers out there???) It's super cute and everyone needs a hat for sun protection.
- I may also wear a flower crown (probably white) when it gets really hot out. Gotta bring that Coachella / music festival vibe with you the whole season.
- I'll be keeping my nail polish minimal as always and will mainly focus on shades of white, pale pinks, gold, silver and nude tones.
- I'm still into bandanas and will probably stick to a black and white classic style worn in creative ways. (Think around my ankle, as a choker, head wrap, iced coffee hand protector, etc.)
Thats all for now guys. Let's all hope it warms up soon! I'm really over this cold.